Benefits of Troubleshooting
There are always benefits to following your own troubleshooting guide in order to save yourself from a service call. The troubleshooting guide is easy to help save you some money in the long run. These will also help you understand what type of service call you need to make.
- Check the filter on the furnace, remembering it needs to be changed every 2-3 months
- Locate the power switch, reset it, and make sure all are in the “on” position
- Check the thermostat to set to “heat” mode and increase the temperature slightly
- Verify that the gas valve is in the “open” position, and no damage to the pipes
- Double check your PVC pipes outside for any ice buildup, or barriers blocking the exchange of air flow
- If at any point you smell gas, call for service
Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
- Remove any debris from around the condenser, making sure there is proper airflow around it
- Turn your thermostat to “cool” mode and lower the temperature slightly, allowing it some time to kick in
- Double check your indoor breaker, verifying that no breakers flipped, then verify that no one has tampered with the outdoor disconnect
- Make sure to turn off the humidifier, and the damper is in the “closed” position
These are a quick guide to help you when you feel that something is not working in your furnace or air conditioner. This troubleshooting guide can help you understand what you may need to call for when making a service call, and what the technician will need to diagnose for you.
>> Go Furnace Ltd. can help you choose the optimal product for your home.
Read Our Google Reviews